Thursday, October 4, 2012

Insects

Any plant photography will naturally lead to insect photography. I have come to admire some insects because of their personalities and their intrinsic natural beauty. I generally use a macro setting and take as many pictures as possible, from as many different angles as I can, until they finally fly off. You may want to make sure that the shutter "sound" on your camera is turned off, so it won't scare the insects away.

The following are from my collection of insect photos:


The bee on the caryopteris makes the plant study much more interesting


Checkered butterfly among the veronica


Monarch butterfly on the broccoli


Swallowtail on the phlox Miss Lingard


Dragonfly near the pump pond


This dragonfly paused to smile at me


This fellow posed so I could admire him all the better


Dragonfly wings 


A really sad looking horsefly

For more information, trying the following website:
 http://www.ephotozine.com/article/tips-and-tricks-for-insect-photography-4874

No comments:

Post a Comment